The Academic Integrity Policy was created by faculty based on the core values and ideals of practice as recommended by the Center for Academic Integrity.
Academic Integrity Process During Disruption of Normal Operations Due to COVID-19
Due to current University regulations regarding COVID-19, please follow the procedures outlined below when responding to alleged academic integrity violations.
- Use the Academic Integrity Notification Template to initiate the Academic Integrity process and schedule a Faculty-Student Joint Conference.
- Edit the Academic Integrity Violation Report Form as needed for all involved students.
- Conduct the Faculty-Student Joint Conference virtually using Google Meet, WebEx, or Zoom. Be sure to share the specifics of the allegations and all documentation with the student via the screen share feature. If you prefer, you can email that information to the student for review during the meeting. You will also need to email the student Academic Integrity Violation Report Form to the student so they can review and respond during the meeting.
- Please ensure the student has access to email as they will need to be able to review their rights (on the form), the information on the form related to the allegations, your proposed sanctions, and submit their plea decision via email.
- We will accept their email submission as their signature for purposes of entering a plea decision.
- After conducting the virtual Faculty-Student Conference, please edit the Plea Decision Template and send to the student so they can reply to the email noting their understanding of their rights and indicating their plea decision. You can copy and paste the information in the template directly into an email. The student name and the specific allegations will need to be edited before sending.
- Send the referral information to our office using Report an Academic Integrity Violation. You will be able to upload all materials including the Academic Integrity Violation Report Form in one convenient location which will automatically be sent to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities for review and action. Alternatively, you can email all communication including documentation and forms to email@example.com.
Academic Integrity Policy
The UNCG Faculty Senate reviewed and approved the Academic Integrity Policy.
The policy, in its entirety, is available online at Student Policy Handbook: Academic Integrity.
Faculty Reported Violations
Alleged violations of the Academic Integrity Policy may be resolved in one of two ways:
- Faculty-Student Joint Conference
- The faculty member and student may address the allegation.
- Academic Integrity Hearing
- If the student pleas not responsible a disciplinary hearing is held to determine the accuracy of the allegations.
Academic Integrity Referral Process
The Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities, which handles all student conduct and academic integrity functions, has made it easier to report an incident of academic misconduct to our office. Click on “Report an Academic Integrity Violation“, which will direct you to more detailed information about reporting a violation. You will be able to upload all materials including the Academic Integrity Violation Report Form in one convenient location which will automatically be sent to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities for review and action.
Peer Reported Violations
If a student suspects another student of a violation of the Academic Integrity Policy, the student is urged to inform the instructor of the alleged circumstance. In such cases, the instructor is urged to arrange a conference with the accused student as provided in “Faculty-Student Joint Conference.”
If a student falsely accuses another student of a violation, they will be subject to disciplinary action under the Student Code of Conduct.